The only thing worse than having a spouse, partner, and/or child totally obsessed with Facebook? Living with someone who's addicted to Facebook while you yourself have no interest in it. With one in every 15 people using the site as of 2010, Facebook has pretty much established itself and it's not going anywhere (though MySpace was supposed to never go away either, and look what happened there).
Oh well. There are ways to cope with this. You could actually probably find a group on Facebook about this very topic, but that probably won't be helpful in this case.
Look on the bright side:
- At least with FB status updates, you'll always know where he/she is and what he/she is doing.
- Add one
Tips from the trenches:
- Set some ground rules and decide together what you will keep private. And if you believe that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
- Add one
Survival kit contents:(replenish as often as needed)
- The Breakup 2.0: Disconnecting over New Media
- Facebook Addiction: The Life & Times of Social Networking...
- You Know You're A Facebook Addict When...
- Go Tweet Yourself: 365 Reasons Why Twitter, Facebook, MyS...
- See more