Break-ups suck, period. Whether you're the dumper or the dumpee, it's an ordeal that everyone experiences several (or many) times. Forget about whether it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, or the fact that time heals all wounds. And there will be no talk of fish and the sea. At this point, no amount of cliches, true as they may be, will help. First, there is the raw anger and hurt, and you'll just have to live with these feelings for a while. You know, the gut-wrenching pain.
Eventually, you will find that you've moved on. But in the meantime, do what you have to in order to get through it. We offer some modest suggestions below and invite you to add your own. Consider it a part of your healing process. Most important, know that there is someone great out there just waiting to meet you.
Look on the bright side:
- This too shall pass.
- You were obviously much too good for him/her.
- Add one
Tips from the trenches:
- Take up a new hobby, such as kickboxing or angry gardening.
- Go to the spa and pamper yourself.
- Socialize with friends you were too busy to see before.
- Hit the gym as often as possible.
- Send yourself flowers at work. This will keep the rumor mill delightfully off track.
- See more Add one
Survival kit contents:(replenish as often as needed)
- Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss...
- How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide...
- How to Break Your Addiction to a Person
- It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl...
- See more
- The Break-Up (Widescreen DVD)
- The War of the Roses (DVD)
- 10 Minute Solution: Knockout Body Workout Kit - DVD & Wei...
- The Biggest Winner - How to Win by Losing: The Complete B...
- Cee-Lo - F*** You [Explicit] - MP3
- Ben Folds Five - Song For The Dumped - MP3
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - MP3
- Scandal - Goodbye To You - MP3
- See more
Words of Wisdom
When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. -Alexander Graham Bell