Whether this is your first child or your tenth, having a newborn is obviously a major life event. If this is your first child, you will have a huge amount of changes in your life that you haven't even begun to anticipate. If you have other children already, you will have your hands full ensuring that they adapt successfully to their new sibling. Either way, we're here to help. Share a few tips with folks and you'll be doing a marvelous thing: perhaps enabling them a few more precious winks of sleep!
Look on the bright side:
- You get to see the sun rise.
- You learn how to do everything with one arm. Great skill to have.
- No smell or substance will ever phase you again.
- You get to spend a lot of time at Costco - especially since when you are sleep deprived, you will inevitably forget something and have to go back.
- You learn how to eat really, really fast.
- See more Add one
Tips from the trenches:
- If the baby has a soupy diaper, they will automatically stick their hand in the poop, so have a lot of wipies near by.
- Add one
Survival kit contents:(replenish as often as needed)
- Heading Home with Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality
- The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying
- The Mozart Effect: Music for Newborns, a Bright Beginning
- Babies and Other Hazards of Sex: How to Make a Tiny Perso...
- See more
- The Mozart Effect: Music for Babies, Vol. 2: Nighty Night
- The Most Soothing Lullabies In The Universe