500 Million friends can't be wrong...or can they?
There are many warning signs that Facebook may have gone from being an amusement to an obsession for people. And the fact that you happily mention the ones that apply to you in your own FB status is probably the biggest warning sign of all that you're a little too into FB.
Here are a few indications that you may be a FB addict:
> You think about FB constantly, whether or not you're online
> You are upset when you don't get lots of likes or comments when you post something particularly clever or interesting
> You spend all day trying to come up with a status update about h...
Look on the bright side:
- You're definitely not alone.
- It's not exactly the worst thing to be obsessed with.
- You are always in the know, even if it is about your 3rd grade friend's lunch plans.
- Add one
Tips from the trenches:
- Join a FB group about FB addiction and share your feelings.
- Hang out with friends offline as often as possible. Never mind that everyone will be updating their FB status on their cell phones.
- If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Try to get a job at FB or a related company. At least then you'll be heartily compensated for your addiction, which actually at that point will be an occupation rather than an addiction.
- Pick a new addiction, such as Kinect or Wii.
- Turn off the computer for one hour today - it's a good start.
- Add one
Survival kit contents:(replenish as often as needed)
- Facebook Addiction: The Life & Times of Social Networking...
- Facebook and Philosophy: What's on Your Mind?
- Facebook Me! A Guide to Having Fun with Your Friends and ...
- How to Do Everything: Facebook Applications
- See more
- Friends - The One with All Ten Seasons (Limited Edition)
- How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (DVD)
- Just Friends (DVD)
- The Social Network (Two-Disc Collector's Edition, DVD)
- The Social Network Movie Soundtrack
- Julie Andrews - Getting To Know You (The King and I) - MP3
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend - MP3
- Randy Newman - You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story) - MP3
- See more