Sometimes no job is really better than a bad job, is that it? Or perhaps you're heading off to greener pastures, like a sabbatical in Ireland. Or perhaps you've decided to be a full-time parent or care for a relative. Whatever your reason for severing ties with your employer, it is still an adjustment to be out of work. Whatever will you do with yourself? Fortunately, we're here with plenty of ideas for you. Share some of your own, while you're at it!
Look on the bright side:
- Now you have time to write your memoirs.
- They won't have you to kick around anymore at the office.
- Now's as good a time as any to become nocturnal.
- No more commuting, and less money spent on gas. And that means you're helping to save the planet while you reduce your carbon footprint. Bonus!
- Add one
Tips from the trenches:
- If you are going to look for a new job or change your career path, take some time out first for quiet reflection - or get tickets to OzzFest...whatever works!
- Scoff at former employers.
- Go to a day spa.
- Sleep for a full day. Then stay up and watch funny movies all night.
- Have lunch with old friends.
- Add one
Survival kit contents:(replenish as often as needed)
- I Quit!: Quit Your Job And Regain Your Life!
- Making a Living Without a Job, revised edition: Winning W...
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook
- Born Free: The Full Story
- See more
- Bad Day (Daniel Powter) - MP3
- Take This Job And Shove It (Johnny Paycheck) - MP3
- We're Not Gonna Take It (Twisted Sister) - MP3
- Todd Rundgren - Bang The Drum All Day - MP3
Words of Wisdom
What is it that you like doing? If you don't like it, get out of it, because you'll be lousy at it. -Lee Iacocca
Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas. -Paula Poundstone